Among all other on-demand services out there, why do most entrepreneurs feel the need to invest in a taxi segment? Is it because of its popularity? Or is it because of the ROI it promises? With people preferring taxis every day for work, the sector is a gift to entrepreneurs to establish a positive brand and simultaneously gain consistent revenue. The neck-to-neck competition has made it challenging for business owners to reach out to potential customers.
How does an entrepreneur bypass this traffic and find a place in customers’ smartphones? The culmination of the best features, attractive design, and seamless workflow in a taxi app can do the trick. These factors can create a visual impact, thereby gaining the trustworthiness of users. Apps like Ola or Lyft were successful just because they got this combination right. In this blog, we’ll discuss how an Ola clone app can reach out to potential customers in no time.
Work on the design
App design can speak a lot about the taxi platform. A minimalistic approach, wherein users register and look for taxis in a flash, can be the best way to lure the audience. Complexity in design can lead to the loss of potential customers as a considerable number of working-class aren’t well-acquainted with smartphones. A simple yet intuitive design, making navigation much more accessible for customers, is the most preferable one. Hence, ensure the perfect app design in the Ola clone script.
Features all the way
Features make the whole process of creating a visual impact easily achievable. Besides, they act as selling points as well. Any successful taxi app out there will have impeccable features. Be it the driver app or the passenger app or the all-important admin panel; features can make the difference hassle-free. Let’s discuss some features worth considering here,
Essential features of a Taxi app:
- Registration: Passengers register with the app either by providing valid credentials or logging in via social media handles.
- Enable location: In order to identify cabs in the vicinity, passengers can enable the location preferences.
- Taxi booking: The app displays the type of vehicles available with their fares. Passengers can book taxis as per their preferences.
- Real-time tracking: Passengers get to know the exact location of drivers with this tracking feature. They’ll get to know the estimated time of arrival as well.
- Multiple payment options: Once passengers complete the rides, they can pay via a multitude of payment options, including credit/debit cards, digital wallets, etc.
- Ratings and reviews: Passengers can rate drivers on a scale of 1-5 or share their experience via reviews.
Unique features to have an eye upon:
- Schedule for later: Provide passengers an option to schedule their rides well-in-advance. This way, they get to plan their trips while you can seamlessly retain customers.
- In-app chat/call: Establishing communication between drivers and passengers is vital to avoid unforeseen circumstances.
- Split payments: Passengers who travel with their friends and family can split the fare with just a tap.
- Multi-lingual support: Eliminating language as a barrier to access taxi services can make a platform establish a global presence. Besides, the app gains a stronghold of regional customers as well.
- In-app wallet: Passengers can pay for their rides with just a few taps on their smartphones. This feature eliminates the need for transacting via cash or entering account details every time.
These advanced features in an Ola/Lyft clone app can make it attractive and unique, thereby paving the way to reach customers in a jiffy.
Navigation can be crucial
Despite the features of the app, it is the app navigation that decides the ultimate user experience. Glitches or bugs in a platform can lead to passengers looking for alternatives. Hence, seamless navigation can take the taxi app from being just ordinary to extraordinary. From integrating a virtual guide for first-time users to customer support in case of queries, every functionality plays its role in making the app more accessible and easily navigable.
The competition for taxi apps has forever been intense. The need to deliver the best among entrepreneurs makes the process back-breaking. Also launching an Uber-like app for the post-COVD-19 era will be even more challenging. Creating a visual can be the game-changer, for most of the successful taxi apps out there have made it visually appealing. Ensure that the Lyft clone script is feature-packed, intuitive in design, and offers an exemplary workflow. Reach out to an app development company, implement these strategies, and create the next big thing of the modern era!