With due credits to lockdown norms and social distancing regulations, grocery delivery businesses have gained the all-important thrust. Things were never the same in the sector – there were apps even before the pandemic, but the traffic, sales, and popularity of these platforms were way less when compared to retail grocery stores. In the wake of panic buying and grocery stores running high and dry without supplies, people have found an alternative way to shop essentials from the comfort of their homes.
With apps like Instacart, Shipt, Walmart Grocery, etc., gaining a positive reception among the audience, the time is ripe for entrepreneurs like you to roll up your sleeves and initiate your on-demand grocery delivery app development solution. In such a case, do you have a detailed strategy or a plan as to how to establish an irreplaceable position in the market? By the end of this piece, you will clarify your doubts and devise a feasible action plan.
Why opt for the On-demand grocery delivery business?
One of the fundamental thoughts is to know why you’re investing in the grocery delivery sector. Let’s look at some compelling reasons.
- The market will generate a massive $30 billion in sales in 2021. As an icing to the cake, online grocery sales will sail past the $100 billion by 2025.
Apart from these numbers,
- Having an app for grocery delivery will conserve time for customers significantly. They needn’t allot a dedicated time in their jam-packed schedules for grocery shopping. With just a few taps on their smartphones, they can enjoy doorstep deliveries.
- People can compare and analyze numerous products before settling for their most-suited ones. This flexibility isn’t remotely possible during physical shopping. With people spoilt for choices, their convenience will reach a whole new level.
Which is better – development from scratch or clone apps?
Now, there are two techniques to develop the grocery delivery app – the traditional method of building the app from the ground or the current trend of customizing readymade apps. The answer to this question lies in your pockets – the resources. The former method is time-consuming and involves a hefty budget. The latter way is straightforward, pocket-friendly, and the most preferable for budding entrepreneurs.
On the whole, if you wish to set foot into the grocery delivery market right away, clone apps should be your one-stop destination.
Which is my most suitable business model?
As simple as it may sound, business models have a massive impact on your business. There are four popular models that you can decide to implement in your innovative Instacart clone app development.
- Single-store model: Ideal for grocery store owners who wish to take their business online.
- Grocery-chain model: Preferred by grocery store owners with multiple branches spread across different locations.
- Aggregator model: Entrepreneurs capable of culminating in numerous grocery stores under one roof. The grocery store delivers orders.
- Marketplace model: Similar to the aggregator model, but the platform deploys a delivery chain.
What are the features to integrate?
In developing the Instacart clone, provide the utmost care to the unique features of the platform. While essential aspects like real-time tracking, virtual cart, etc., are more or less the same in every app, stand-apart features enable you to have a competitive advantage. Let’s discuss a few here,
- In-app wallet: In addition to multiple payment gateways, integrate an e-wallet to facilitate swift payments in a flash.
- Multilingual support: Pay attention to local customer needs by enabling them to access the app in the language of their choice.
- In-app chat/call: Prevent unforeseen circumstances by organizing streamlined communication between customers and service providers.
How can I prevent my community from COVID-19?
By providing special attention to ensuring your community’s safety, you can quickly scale your app in popularity and revenue. Some of the specific COVID-19 add-ons include,
- Contactless deliveries & payments: Encourage zero contact by instructing your delivery workers to drop grocery orders in front of user homes and customers to pay via digital modes.
- Face mask recognition software: Ensure your delivery workers abide by community guidelines by integrating the software that recognizes face masks.
- Safety ratings and reviews: Hear what customers have to say on your safety standards. This way, you can upgrade or regulate service quality accordingly.
It is time for you to reach out to the best app development company, get their instant Instacart clone script, modify it, and embark on your arrival in the booming grocery delivery sector. By choosing the right business model, implementing unique elements, and taking care of safety standards, no one can stop your app’s growth. Gain access to unlimited revenue with a reliable on-demand grocery delivery app!