The world is undergoing a sea change in customer buying patterns. With Corona virus-related fear, instead of walking into nearby malls or small shops, people seem to prefer ordering in grocery apps. As a business enterprise, this window of opportunity would not last beyond a couple of months.
The app needs to be simple enough to understand and useful to the needs of the user. Apps like instacart creatively present healthy food options, and specialized segments on various lifestyle-related illnesses and food or vegetables that could be appropriately suitable for the customers. There are many applications like instacart, gofers, amazon fresh, etc. So the developer should have certain unique features to stand apart from the others. Each of the apps has gone through various upgrades, which captures customer needs and aspiration. That is why this makes a lot of sense in considering them as the benchmark. However, our app has features and aspects that would give it some unique attraction. There are different kinds of mobile grocery apps in the process of online grocery delivery app development. Some of the apps are customer-facing, whereas some are logistic support for this process.
Measures taken during the COVID-19 outbreak:
- Hygiene of the packing & delivery processes
- User-friendliness to dispel fear on virus-related concerns
- Regular screening tests for delivery personnel
- Alerts related to social distancing and other hygiene measures
E-commerce Grocery apps:
In these apps, users can select the time to deliver the products and has features like add to cart, which assists users to view the purchased items. Online retail stores mainly adopt these apps.
In-store Grocery apps:
The main aim of these applications is to provide ambiance similar to the regular shop. It has detailed descriptions for each product. The advanced features include the virtual view of the shops and lists the shops near the user’s place.
Personalized Grocery apps:
These applications take the shopping experience to a different level as it includes the user’s preferences regarding the items purchased and shops preferred. These apps help the user to buy the products by sharing the list with store and avail products the moment they require.
A detailed view of the different layers of the application.
- Quick usage: Log-in and register your account with an email account or social network credentials for starting with a seamless approach.
- Navigate: Browse through the products using the search bar and use the filters for advanced searches.
- Pre-booking: The scheduled delivery by deciding the time for the items to be delivered.
- Stay updated: Customers can update their location and also track the delivery agents with this feature.
- Personalized booking: Shoppers can easily view their history and can place the same orders.
- Convenient payment: The available payment options are credit/debit cards, Paytm, and even cash on delivery.
- Perks: The promo codes and coupons are given regularly for users. Users can also avail of a cut for referring the application to others.
- Share your opinion: Users can provide their comments and reviews through this feature.
- Integrated view: It provides an integrated view for the customer like the transaction history, labels, and many more.
- Prompt service: Users have the option called fast delivery, which prioritizes the delivery process.
- Manage Payments: Users can view transaction history.
Delivery Agents app:
- Request Notification: Whenever customers order any item, the delivery agent gets notified.
- Status: The available or unavailable option will allow you to either accept or reject orders.
- Be on track: Agents can track a user’s location and navigate to their place.
- Stay connected: It enables drivers to communicate with customers.
Aspects to know before using the grocery delivery app.
- Notification: Customers get alerts at every stage as the process of the order proceeds.
- Prioritize: Delivery personnel can accept or reject orders based on their needs.
- Manage Payments: There are multiple options for payments like credit/debit cards, Paytm, and cash on delivery.
- View Feedbacks: Check out your clientele feedback affixed with your products and services delivered. Furthermore, you can improvise your services as well, as recommended by the client, to make them attuned with the app.
- Customer Support: Answer the queries of users and answer other product-related questions.
What sets Instaclone apart?
- Real-time Analytics: It graphically represents the details for a better understanding of the transaction. The owners can understand their business situation better.
- Push Notification: Sent to alert users of the offers and discounts present. They can also be sent to the users before the delivery to keep them attentive and alert.
- Communication Channels (SMS, Emails, Chat): There are multiple communication methods available to enable communication between the users and the store owners or the customers and delivery agents.
The application provides a way to deliver essential items for users at their place. It is available 24/7, so users can avail it whenever they need it. On the other hand, it is a useful medium for expansion for business and profits for both store owners and app owners. With the updated application like the Instacart clone, it will bring more users to the app.